Packing List, Directions and Other Important Information for Your Trip
Please share with everyone in your group. If you have any questions or need additional information call us at 1.800.231.7238.
- Download a Printer Friendly Version – Full Day
- Download a Printer Friendly Version – Full Day Sprint
DEPARTURE & RETURN TIMES
Please check your confirmation letter or contact your group leader to confirm which full day you are participating in.
9:15 AM (Regular)
10:45 AM (Sprint)
10:00 AM (Regular)
11:30 AM (Sprint)
3:30 PM (Regular)
3:30 PM (Sprint)
WHERE TO MEET
Your trip will meet in the Salt River Canyon at the junction of Highway 60 and the river between Highway Mile Markers 292 and 293.
From Phoenix, go to Globe on Hwy 60 East. Go all the way through Globe and on the east side of town there is a left hand turn at a stoplight going toward Show Low. Highway 60 turns here! (If you miss the turn, you will be on Hwy 70 going toward Safford!)
From Tucson, get on Hwy 77 North. As you enter Globe on the east side of town there is a right turn onto Hwy 60 going toward Show Low.
Once you turn at the stoplight in Globe on Highway 60, it is 45 minutes to the river. At the river bridge, go across the bridge to the north side of the river and immediately turn left onto the dirt road (watch for our sign). Head downstream about 100 yards on the dirt road and look for the Wilderness Aware trailers and vehicles in the parking area on your right. The parking area is just downstream of the bridge, so don’t go too far or you’ll miss us!
WHAT TO BRING
- Do Not Wear Cotton on the River (no jeans or sweats)
- Swimming Suit and/or Shorts
- Sunglasses with Securing Strap
- Fleece Jacket or Synthetic Insulating Layer
- Hat or Visor (can be worn under your helmet)
- Waterproof Sunscreen
- Waterproof Camera
- Tennis Shoes* or Secure Sandals (no flip-flops or Crocs)
- Cash for Souvenirs and Tipping Your Guide
- Water Bottle
- Change of Clothes and Towel (for after the trip)
- Hot Fajita Lunch on Regular (10am) Full Day
- Snack on Sprint Full Day
- Comfortable Changing Facilities
- Splash Jacket
- Wetsuit Booties*
- Professional Guide in Every Raft
- Rafting and Safety Equipment
- Transportation Back to Your Car at the End of the Trip
COOL WEATHER ITEMS
All cool weather items are included
in the cost of Salt River trips!
*If time allows, we offer a short hike up to a waterfall after lunch on the REGULAR full day (not sprint). Guests may find it difficult to hike in the wetshoes we provide for you. We recommend bringing a pair of tennis shoes for the hike. Prior to departure, check with your guide to talk about the hike and where to put your shoes during the river trip.